Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tuesdays with Isabela

"The best things you can give children next to good habits,
are good memories." - Unknown

It has been a routine for me and my daughter, Isabela to have our weekly date on Tuesday afternoons. While her brother is having his weekly Speech Therapy sessions, Isabela and I would go out and have our fill of McDonald's Spaghetti, Chicken Nuggets and Fries or Chowking's Wanton Mami (Isabela's favorite :)), Chicharap, Lomi and to top it all, Halo-Halo! Yum! Of course, she also does not forget to remind me to grab something for her brother,usually a happy meal toy or a book from the nearby bookstore. She excitedly hands it over to him when we pick him up from his therapy session.

We have been doing this for sometime and even if we go to the same place over and over again, we still find ourselves getting excited everytime. My heart is overflowing with joy everytime my daughter tells me how happy she is spending our afternoon together. She is truly full of gratitude saying, "Thank you mommy for bringing me to McDonalds. I am very happy!" Hay! Though there are still times when I feel guilty for not giving her the same attention that his brother is getting (since Joshua needs more attention than she does), I am more than happy to know that she appreciates every moment that I am spending with her.

Simple joys... simple needs... simple life...moments like spending Tuesday afternoons with my daughter, going to the grocery with my son, playing silly games with my wonderful children, family breakfast, sharing stories with the family before bedtime, listening to the kids argue who get to sleep with whom, evening family prayertime and our Sunday Family Day are just few of the precious moments that I hold close to my heart. It is my prayer that despite the busyness of my day, I may be able to create good memories each day for my children to remember and treasure for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment