Friday, March 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses" - Ecclesiates 3:1

It was in 2007 when I finally decided to stay home and be a full time mommy to my 2 beautiful children. It was not the first time that I actually thought about it. I was planning to do just that a few years back even before I gave birth to our "panganay". But for some reason, it did not happen. I remember telling myself, "maybe it was not the right time yet". I loved what I do. It was not all about giving up my work but it was more of giving up something that I was so passionate about.

Many times I knew the Lord was telling me,"it's time!". I refused to listen. He was whispering it to my ears but I pretended not hear. I was on my 4th month with our second child when our firstborn was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The image of God shouting at the top of His lungs flashed in my mind. "Yes, God, I can hear you now. Loud and clear!" " Our dear son would be needing early intervention and I needed to be there for him. But since I was still working then, he was left in the care of a "yaya" (nanny) and his grandparents (thank God for Lolos and Lolas) until I finished the school year (I was a teacher, by the way). It was the longest 8 months of my life.

Everything happens for a reason and this time, giving up something that I love was much easier since I knew that I should be where I am needed most - home with the people that matters most to me.

Welcome Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment