Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wonderworld

  


On April 9, 2011 , Pink Toes Center for the Performing and Musical Arts, celebrated it's 24th year with an annual recital entitled, "Wonderworld", staged at the Meralco Theatre. It was Isabela's first ballet recital and we were as excited as she was. I was given the task to be her production assistant for 3 days, staying with her backstage, helping her with costume change and just being her over-all "alalay". It was a wonderful experience for me, being a "backstage mom" to my pretty ballerina. I really do not mind staying backstage just to make sure that everything was taken cared of. From arranging the costumes, retouching make up, changing costumes for six times, putting on the headdresses properly, among other things. The PAs were even more nervous than the kids when it was time for them to make an appearance on stage. Such adrenalin rush! But watching them joyfully dancing on stage made it all worth it.


Practicing her Bieber moves

It was a memorable day for me, seeing my daughter dance on stage with almost 600 pairs of eyes watching. It was indeed a great show! From the backstage, we could sense that the kids were having so much fun on stage. I'm sure that their families and friends enjoyed watching the show, too.  It was a great day for all! But what made it extra special for me was when my dancing princess hugged me tight backstage and told me, just out of the blue, "You are the best mom ever!"  and she playfully kissed my nose. That moment was priceless!!! My heart was overflowing with happiness hearing those kind words from my 4 year old. It was like a balm that soothed away all my tiredness.

  

After the show, Daddy and Kuya Joshua surprised her with flowers and the expression on her face was something that I, as a parent, would remember for a lifetime.

Flowers from Daddy and Kuya

Bravo, our dancing princess!!! You are now a step closer to your dream. You make us all proud!!!

Smile princess! Today is your big day.



Our pretty ballerina ready for the "Flower Dance"


Posing for her PAs (Production Assistant) camera

Thank you, "Angry Birds", for keeping our little indian
preoccupied while waiting for their next number


Ready for the finale number

Isabela with Teacher Kristal

with Teacher Camille, from Singles for Christ Lower Antipolo Chapter

Thank you for watching the show
Isabela with Kuya Joshua, grandparents and cousins


After show celebration with family


 



















No comments:

Post a Comment